Ferguson Community Activists Hold Press Conference to Respond to Program Changes Proposed by City Council
Ferguson, MO — Activists from the Ferguson community and surrounding counties will stage a press conference this afternoon at 1:30pm (CT) outside the Ferguson City Hall (110 Church St Ferguson, MO 63135). The activists will be issuing a detailed response to significant program changes proposed in an announcement made by the Ferguson City Council last night. A press release detailing the City Council announcement is attached below the fold.
Speakers at today’s press conference will include:
- Qiana Williams: Activist with MORE's bench warrant campaign, lives in Jennings and has extensive history with warrants/fines
- Jeanina Jenkins: Speaking for Hands Up United as someone who has been out on the streets, part of Show Me 15
- Dhoruba Shakur: Organizer with HandsUpUnited.org
- Michael McPhearson: Speaking for Don't Shoot coalition on Civilian Review Boards
- Brendan Roediger: Professor of Law at Saint Louis University Law School